Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Feb. 17, 2015

  This will be the beginning of  a  blog  for  Mars and me.  Nikole   spent over an  hour  helping me set this up,  what  a very patient person she is !!

 We  made our  move to Boone, Iowa on Jan. 17th with the help of family,we could not have done it alone. The weather was  very nice for  MN, Iowa  in January,  but  the following week we  received  11.5 in of snow.  There begins the adventures.    I needed to go " to town",and  took off in the  Mazda, only I was not able to get up the hill.  I could only  back up,  Jeff came out , finally got my car back in the garage and took me in his  4 wheel drive truck.  But  I have not had problems  since , but then we have not had  snow since.

Unpacked, put away, rearranged, and moved things  around,  I think I am settled in.  I have been enjoying the owl that hoots  most  nights,  I wish I could see him out in the trees. We have lots of woodpeckers,cardinals, finches, nuthatches, juncos.  So  most wild life is the same,  although I am still waiting to see a fox.

  I have started thinking about  doing  a  garden in the spring,  I think I know where I want to put it and have even started a list of what I might like to plant.  I just need to remember to keep it  small this first  time and then if it goes well expand  in the years to come.

I will be doing volunteer work  at the  Iowa Arboretum  which is not  far,  and  am looking forward to warmer weather  and the snow to be  gone  so that I can go  and walk and really enjoy it.

Mars is loving it here,  he roams  and sniffs, and so far has not wandered out of yard .So I am hoping that will continue  when spring/summer  comes and we are out a lot more.


2 comments:

  1. Honey is so excited to come visit '"Iowa'. We've been trying to teach her that Mars is in Iowa and she gets so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bobbie, glad that you are now a blogger. It will be so exciting reading about your adventures. I hope that you plan to post some pictures. We are starting lots of seeds, a few already and many more to come so if we have the stuff on your garden list we can share. When Honey comes to visit she can bring some transplants!

    ReplyDelete