Thursday, March 12, 2015

It has  been several days since I added any thing here, so  there needs to be an update.
 On Mon. March 2 there was  one  Blue Bird  in the  side yard.   We have not seen any since.  Trying to decide if I should invest  in Blue Bird Houses  or not.  I had  Peterson Blue Bird Houses in Hastings, but they  don't have them  here in the Iowa stores I have been in.  I could order them  on line,  but I just feel like I  should wait  and see if we have any more Blue Birds.  Maybe I will ask the neighbor if they have Blue Birds  or see them during the summer.

I put a  stake in the ground  where I want the edges of the garden to be,  Jeff said he will take the lawn tractor and the bucket and  scoop up the sod,  that way it will be a little easier for the garden tiller to break up the dirt.

I also made my first  purchase for my garden,  Onion sets !!!  We were at  Earl May and they had them out.  Thought about getting the potatoes but decided to wait on that.

 I have  cleaned up dead leaves etc., there are buds  on the Azalea bushes, and the day lilies, Iris  are starting to come up.   It was 71' today ,   feeling like spring, but I also know that it is only March 12  and we could still have some cold temps and snow before spring is  really here.

Mars loves to be out in the yard  when we are out,  roaming  all over, investigating everything.  He figured out how to squeeze through  the fence to get into the pasture today.

1 comment:

  1. What fun a new garden space is. Glad that you are getting started. We had a day that was forecast to be 70 but it was terribly windy so hope you were better able to enjoy yours. Mars will have many new things to show Honey and Indy. Exciting times.

    ReplyDelete