Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mars and I have been busy the past few days. Tonight we planted  the  onion plants, sweet corn, pumpkins, and some Dill.  Now we just have to wait and see what will grow besides the weeds !  Still need to plant the tomatoes and green pepper but I will wait till May to do those, and I am thinking about  potatoes.   The garden measures  20 ' X 37'.  There is  cattle fencing in the barn and we are planning to put that around the garden to hopefully deter the wild life.  There is also chicken wire that could go around the bottom of fencing at ground level  to keep out the bunnies, and raccoons. If nothing else this will be an adventure for sure.


I have transplanted the Smooth Solomon Seal and tonight I found 2 Jack in a Pulpit coming up and I moved them also as they were on the south side of the cabin in full sun. I guess I wasn't really thinking when I brought those 2 plants from MN in the fall or I would have put them in a  better place.






1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture of Mars. I can see your garden in the background. It is looking good. How are you planning to put up your cattle panels? I have some fencing equipment and I can send it with the kids when they visit if that would help. Cait will be here this and lots of weekends so it would be easy to send it with her. Just let me know. Brad did an excellent job putting up my fence that I use for trellising. :)

    ReplyDelete