Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Vampires in the neighborhood  won't have a chance !!!  I just planted  two rows of garlic ,   also planted  my potatoes.  It is to rain late Sat.and  then rain every day till Thurs., plus  temps are to be in the 70's.  So  I think that is just what a new little garden needs, rain, sun, and warm temps.  The only thing that has started to appear are the onion sets.  I had hoped  more would be up by now ,guess I am being impatient.  The only thing left to plant  are the tomatoes, green pepper.
My sister and I have ordered tomatoes from the Garden Collection, which boosts  " giant  tomatoes and bushels per vine" !!  Those are some pretty amazing claims, if only that would happen. So we will see.  Those plants  should arrive  mid May.  I will also buy tomato plants at the garden center in Boone just in case .

  I also checked Blue Bird house and I could feel eggs in the nest. It is to high up for me  to see into the nest ,  will need to get a ladder or mirror.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. We are predicted to get rain during the night tonight but I am watering just in case it misses us. I am fighting with sprinklers. I am pretty wet too. Everything seems to leak. It will be fun to hear how your garlic turns out.

    ReplyDelete