Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A nice hot , humid summer day, and the garden is loving it.We set the   extra large live trap last night as  I think  the raccoon is munching on my corn,  but he just took the peanut butter bread from inside the trap and didn't set it off.  GRRRR

  My corn with silk , and little ears of corn forming, can't wait  to have corn on the cob.

  Here is the first tomato that will be eaten, today it is a slight reddish  yellow.  Just a  few more days  and it will in a  BLT sandwich.

   After much investigating I found out what these little green things  are.  Tomatoes berries.  And if what I have read and understood is that only a few plants form these, and they will have potato seeds in them ,  a  hybrid seed.   So   I guess I will be  watching them and trying to collect the seed.  I need to get a  yard flag or something to mark that plant, so that I can find  the plant more easily in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks really nice. The fence isn't keeping out the raccoon? I wonder if you could add some Chicken wire at the bottom? I will be interested in hearing about your 'berries'.

    ReplyDelete