Sunday, July 12, 2015

  
It has been awhile since I last posted and things  have really changed in the garden. This is most of the garden showing, the onions, beans, carrots,lettuce, tomatoes.   We have been eating green beans for  couple of weeks, the lettuce is  pretty much done as it has gotten hot and it is now bitter tasting.   I will pull it and    wait till Aug and plant another crop to have into the fall. The carrots  are looking great.

My little pumpkins are growing  this is one of the bigger ones, it is cantaloupe sized.  Just hope I get a few as I have only 3  frozen containers   of pumpkin left.

Ahhh  the tomatoes!!!    I will have  ripe tomatoes by mid week,  I can almost taste  the BLT's , fresh sliced tomatoes with basil and mozzarella. The two big plants that I purchased from Earl May are  huge,I did not get them in tomato cages, but  I did put  dry grass clippings  under them to help hold down the weeds and to hold the moisture in the ground. The little  mail order tomatoes are actually coming along nicely, they all have blooms.  

These are pictures of the flowers  by the front walk, so pretty, the hostas are huge. They will need to be thinned out next year for sure. Need to find some one who wants some hostas.  

 I think I will try and  cut some of the white flowers to dry and see if I can keep them  over the winter,as a  dry bouquet.


No comments:

Post a Comment