Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ah  I have green beans,  lots of green beans,so I guess we will be  eating green beans !!!   I had a couple fresh picked  so tender and tasty.  Can't wait for them to be just a bit bigger.

And I discovered  several small tomatoes !   YES !  Still managing the weed population, and I hope I can keep ahead of them. The dill is getting bigger ,although it seems that someone might be  having little snacks of those plants. The onions sets  are bigger, and are doing much better with bigger, stronger plants then the onions plants . They are small, and  sort of pathetic looking.   But that is good to know for the future, I will just do onion bulbs /sets .

I had forgotten how many lightening bugs  there were here in Iowa.  There was one that was on the side window by front door last night , just flashing it's light, it was  neat. The back yard is just a glow with them.  Due to all the rain that we have had in the past weeks  you can hear the water  in Bear Creek running.  I know that will fade here if we don't get more rain. 

My flowers in pots seem to be doing well. I will need to make sure and make notes  about what is growing well and what not for future plantings. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbie, I have been seeing fireflies too. Such fun. We are short of rain and have missed the last couple in the area. I am spending a bunch of time watering. And mowing. Glad to see your pictures of your garden.

    ReplyDelete